Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Past has passed...

I'm thinking about old friends. People I've cared about over the last few years...
I've never been good at keeping friends, but oddly I seem to attract the best kind of people, you know, the ones who actually care about you and what you're going through.
I distanced myself for a while, when my life got messy. I hated never having anything good to talk about. I hated being the downer. So I avoided a lot of good people.
Then there are the people I hurt. The friends that I made in good faith and friendships that could have lasted a lifetime. I don't talk to them anymore. It's sad.
I tried to cast a line, reached out to try to make things right and was rebuffed. Deservedly, I suppose, but in all fairness, I wasn't the only one to blame... bah!! What's the point in even bringing it up?

Dunno.

I still think about it, I guess.

It's late. I'm tired. Guess the 'happy pills' aren't doing their job tonight.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Double up on the "happy pills". Don't feel too bad. Mine aren't working all that well either, and my doctor isn't calling me back because she knows I don't have insurance right now. The bitch.